Friday 27 February 2015

It's a gift

Every week I am unbelievably grateful to receive this gift, it is a gift that my work colleagues envy, a gift that can not be bought... it is the gift of a day off. 






But what is it about a day off that makes it so incredibly sacred, when in fact my day off is probably my busiest day of the week - cleaning,running errands and hopefully a bit of mabel&may time, if I'm lucky. 

For me its a day when I'm in charge. I can selfishly decide, where to go, who to see and what to do. So whether I decide to spend  hours cleaning the oven (very rare) or a day at the spa (still rare but probably more frequent than the above) to be in total control of my day is a great motivation.


For me this day is also about preparation for Friday night and the weekend -  this is family time.... this is precious x




So on the subject of gifts, here is a piece I have been working on for a gorgeous family ...and yes its a gift .









Have a great weekend 



No comments:

Post a Comment